Saturday, December 24, 2011

How was your weekend (and TONS of fun questions)?

1) So how was your weekend? Friday after school I packed my bags and headed to the barn to spend the night. I didn't get to ride on friday because it was raining like crazy and our arena was all mud. Sunday morning I was the only one cleaning 18 stalls and I can't say I enjoyed it to much. At about 3 in the after noon me and 2 friends when on a trail ride. The pony I was riding (izzy) jumped over the stupidest things. There was something not even 3 inches off the ground that she jumped. I did fall off after a galloping buck but then took her into the arena (after it was all dry) and worked her hard and did some more (bigger) jumping.





2) While I was on the trail ride we decided to have a race. Izzy's gallop is very smooth and I sat it with ease. But, I felt like I had no control what so ever. I couldn't even stop her and with a few bucks I was off. I was alright of course but I feel so unsafe when she gallops. We raced at a spot on the trail that we call the "racing spot" and the horses are used to galloping when we go there. So my questions are: How can I be in control at a gallop? and How can I make sure she doesn't go off and gallop until I give her the aid to?





3) Do you like trail rides? If so, what's your favorite thing to do on them? I love trail rides and I love jumping over everything and anything I can.





4) Do you prefer saddles or bareback? I prefer saddles.





5) How do you get through a cold day of riding? This weekend has been SO cold. I find it so hard to get through all the horse work as well as riding when it's freezing outside. I live in Maine and it's only fall and I'm already cold. Any tips?





6) What discipline do you do? What would you like to try. I love riding english and I do jumping and trail riding. I grew up learning western. It's not my favorite but I still play around with it on the trails sometimes. I would love to try vaulting and cross country.





7) What do you love to do other than anything horse related? I love field hockey and I'm on our schools team. I play all year long. I'm on our school team in the summer and fall and I'm on our state team in the winter and spring.





8) What's your favorite breed? Mine are Hanoverians.





9) When I canter I always seem to lean back. When I try to sit more up right I end up bouncing a lot and then I end up in the same leaned back position. How can I sit up Straight without bouncing and stay up?





10) What annoys you the most at your barn? Mine is that our tack room can never stay organized and people use other peoples tack and never clean it or put it away.





Feel free to answer any of the questions you like. I don't expect anyone to answer them all. Just answer what you'd like. =)|||1) So how was your weekend?


Pretty good. Yesterday I went to a GIANT tack sale (it filled two large arena's, a livestock barn, and another section). I bought 4 headstalls, 3 bits, 3 sets of reins, a ton of curb straps, a new girth, and really nice splint boots). The tack sale happens every year, and it's about a hour from where I live. The cool thing about it is that it's in the town where I grew up. So after the tack sale I went and drove by my old house, it was really cool. Then I went back home and went to a horse show and just watched for a while. Then I went to the barn and had a great ride. Then I went and hung out with friends and had a really good time. It was a coll day :) I'm not doing anything today though.











2) While I was on the trail ride we decided to have a race. Izzy's gallop is very smooth and I sat it with ease. But, I felt like I had no control what so ever. I couldn't even stop her and with a few bucks I was off. I was alright of course but I feel so unsafe when she gallops. We raced at a spot on the trail that we call the "racing spot" and the horses are used to galloping when we go there. So my questions are: How can I be in control at a gallop? and How can I make sure she doesn't go off and gallop until I give her the aid to?


When a horse takes off, pulling them into a circle can be very helpful. I'd work on a ton of stops and get her really sensitive to voice commands before you do that again.





3) Do you like trail rides? If so, what's your favorite thing to do on them?


I love trail rides. My favorite thing to do is to let my horse run, and I mean really run, when on the trails. There are only certain places where I let him run though.





4) Do you prefer saddles or bareback?


Depends on what I want to accomplish that day. I love riding bareback, but there are times when I'd rather have a saddle.








5) How do you get through a cold day of riding?


Two pairs of pants, many shirts, thick socks, gloves and a hat or hood. I ride bareback a lot on the winter because saddles are too cold. My horse is like a heater.





6) What discipline do you do? What would you like to try?


I do many things. I guess my competitive focus is more on barrel racing than anything else, but I still do a ton of things with my horse. I REALLLY want to learn dressage.








7) What do you love to do other than anything horse related?


Read, hang out with friends, drive my truck (I love my truck way too much). That's pretty much my whole life right now haha.








8) What's your favorite breed?


Quarter horses.








9) When I canter I always seem to lean back. When I try to sit more up right I end up bouncing a lot and then I end up in the same leaned back position. How can I sit up Straight without bouncing and stay up?


Practice, practice, practice. You can't get good at something unless you do it. And since I can't see you ride, I really can't tell you what's causing you to do this. Have someone watch you ride and then have them critique you. But make sure they're experienced.








10) What annoys you the most at your barn?


The arena lights. They're on a timer so they only go on if it's after 4 o'clock in the after noon. I live in WA (the land of clouds) so it's always really dark in the arena. it's completely enclosed, and dang it's annoying. And I think someone tampered with the time because last week they wouldn't go on until it was like after 7 or 8 o'clock.|||(1) i had a good weekend....on saturday, i went to the barn and grromed and rode my horse,went to a resturant with my little 7 yr old sis,her friend,and my mom...(my sis smeared jello on her face LOL)then i went to homecoming :) yay first middle school dance!then today i went to church..and came home...





(2) never galloped...PLEASE DONT YELL AT ME FOR HAVING A HORSE EVEN THO IM NOT EXPEIRIANCED(%26lt;-WHY CANT I SPELL THAT WORD?!?!)im good with horse care...and they were selling him,and id ridden him for some lessons,and me and my mom both loved him,and we didnt want him to be sold before i was ready..so yeah,me and the horse are actually training eachother....





(3)ive never been on an actual trail ride..except for ones at camp...but those werent exactly exciting...still nice tho :)





(4) i think i like bareback..but ive never tried trotting bareback...ill have to see about taht one :)





(5)idk...i was FREEZING on saturday....





(6)i go back and forth..havent reallly decided yet





(7)i like to play softball,ski,hike....and anything outdoorsy :)





(8)my favs are quarter horses





(9)idk,ive cantered...but not enough to know how to answer





(10)mine is prob the messedupness (%26lt;- MY word lol) its REALLY messy...some day im gonna go over there and just CLEAN! like the stall next to my horses stall is all filled with equipment (weed wacker things,auto parts..wheel barrow parts,fence fixing stuff..EVERYTHING!)so i wanna go and organize it all,and they said i can have a corner of that stall for my stuff (grooming stuff,helmet,halter,) stuff like that..and id like it to be clean for that :)|||1) My weekend was awful! I was going to the barn, but i got a sore throat, and wasnt allowed to go!





2) You need to use half halt, and use ur foot and ur reins, when u does something wrong, keep correcting him, and when ur ready to go use ur feet to guide him





3) I love trail rides! i ove jumping over logs, and going through water!





4) Saddles, bareback is a little to..how should i put this...bony.





5) Other then wearing heavy clothes, put some hand warmers in ur pockets, scarfs, and make sure when u get home have a very hot cup of hot chocolate!





6) i to would love to try vaulting and cross country. And i do english, and i jump, ground work, and trail riding





7) i play basketball on our school team, but i have a huge passion for horses





8) I love quarter horses(:





9) All u can do it practice





10) Mine is how everybody puts the halters in the wrong place, so u always grab a diffrent horses halter.|||1) My weekend was really fun, but not horsey at all. Some friends and I went up to the mountains and stayed in a cabin and just had some fun. One of them was a horsey friend, so we watched Blue Hors Matine and Richard Spooner videos for awhile, but no one else thought that was very interesting :)





2) When a horse sees a big open area, they are going to want to just let go and run. Try working with her in the arena (or a smaller pasture) first so she can't run off with you. She's just getting excited and ignoring you, not purposely misbehaving.





3) I like trail rides, but I don't go on a lot. Where I live, there really aren't any trails unless you ship out which my horse is not ready to do.





4) Saddles. Bareback is fun and good for you, but most days I use saddles





5) I live in southern california. I don't think cold days exist. But when I went to Missouri for college last year, I just gave my horse the entire winter off because I couldn't deal with the weather (even in the indoor) and he hated it too





6) English. Mostly jumping and I'm trying to get more into dressage (soooo hard to find a good instructor here!), but eventually I would like to do some real eventing





7) Nothing athletic really. I'll hike/walk/jog with my dogs, but that's about the extent of my athletic-ness. Oh, and also skiing. I love to ski. Or snorkel/dive





8) Irish Sport Horses. Except my favorite horses always end up being thoroughbreds





9) Lean back all you want. Feel what's happening. Use your hips and the entire lower portion of your belly to follow the motion. When you've got that, then you can lean forward. Until then, you aren't using your bottom half right





10) I love my new barn. I guess maybe that they have polo matches there during season and the polo field is ALWAYS being used, so I'm stuck in the arenas|||wow fun weekend for you but sounded awsome!





my weekend was busy too! :D


on saturday, i fed my horses and then i went to the races %26lt;3 and won some money! :D


i then went straigh back to my horses and started to trot with one ( their still in training ive broken/backed them myself :) ) so she done great! no problems at all.





today (sunday) i went over and cleaned out the feilds and filled up the water buckets. i then taught april to bow down :) . i couldn't ride today as it was pouring down!. so that sucked a bit!





3) my horses have never been on a trail ride. they are still training but we have been on hacks and they love it aswell as me. they never want to go back home xD





4) i preffer saddles.





5) i just put on my jockey layers ( thermal tshirts) and ride in them with like 4 pairs of socks! yes it's so cold here to :( i hate autem/winter! ):





6) i do english (: never tried westen.





7) i love volley ball and parties. i loves listening to music and drawing.





8) i love thoroughbreds and new forest's





9) i have never cantered before :/ cant wait to though! just some more training with my babies first!





10) same as you. i never put things away and then i moan that i need to. but i never do lol. my mum always goes in and is like " wheres your grooming kit" im like erhhhh





LOTS OF SPELLING MISTAKES BUT THE BOX KEEPS DISEPERING








question for you (:





whats your horse called? (:








wow 31. nice! nah i could never sell my horses now. i have 2 4yos called foxy and april. and i have a rescued shetland called sonny who is 9 he can't be ridden.

No comments:

Post a Comment