Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Please help! Pregnant and trapped!?

I am seven months pregnant and living with the father. We have been dating and living to together for about 3 years. Things haven't always been easy but since we learned we were expecting they started getting better. He stopped drinking as much, gave me much affection, and took care of my emotional needs. As I get further along in my pregnancy things have gotten worse. He has been drinking more often and heavily. I suspect he is using some kind of drug. I have found remnants of coke in his nose more than once. Sometimes it seems like he is on something else. He can get really mean or mad at me for no reason. He tells me he will be a minute when he leaves and disappears for an hour to three hours. This is something I know all to well because it is what my mother did when she was using drugs. Financial burden has been placed on me and I am a full time college student, part time worker, and 7 months pregnant. I have talked to him about it and every time it seems like it turns around on me. I am always the mean one being a ***** making him feel bad. I don't know where he goes or what he does when he disappears and it kills me on the inside. If i knew it was an addiction or another female at least i could start to move on and figure out what to do. I feel like i am being taken advantage of financially. When he is broke he is the nicest sweetest most considerate person but once he gets paid again he does something else to hurt me. The past 3 weeks were good and i thought he finally understood but last night we went to an indoor arena football game. we got home at 1030 and said he was going to run to his friends for a minute. He was gone for a couple hours and then the car pulled up but he never came in. I presumed he was drinking at the neighbors house but he never answered the phone and i do not know which house his friend lives in. I have suffered from depression my whole life. My father had a drug habit and repeatedly abandoned me. Later in my teenage years my mother had an addition and stole and lied to me. I have struggled to convince myself that i am more important these substances but the man that i love has caused me to relive these feelings. I have convinced myself i need to be there for the baby when she is born but i cant even do that anymore. i am not a murderer so i will do no harm to myself while im pregnant but i have no will to live after that. Last night when he finally came home i told him how i felt. how it was getting harder and harder for me to put off the inevitable and he told me to do what i must and then left again. He came home a few hours later, slept, woke up and left without a word. i still i have not heard from him. i have no idea what is going on. i have no family. all of my friends have left my life and im so alone. the only thing i can think to do it start by moving out. Both of our names are on the lease but its my SSN. If i leave he will surely not pay and destroy my credit. if i stay i cant evict him. i really cant afford to pay one apt rent i surely cant do two. i dont know what to do. i cant take any more pain. i am so sick of feeling unlovable and worthless. please any help? advice?|||Talk to your landlord and see if you can get out of the lease or sublet it. If you can sublet it, see if you can move into a maternity home for a few months. Or think about adoption and see if you can have your expenses covered for the next few months.





Since your boyfriend has been violent or mean, you can file for an order of protection and he will have to move. That gets rid of him and also lays the groundwork for supervised visitation (or none) once the baby is born.





If he gets arrested for drugs, your child may be taken away from you. If he does not, he will steal you blind.





Most colleges have free psychiatric counseling; try to talk to someone there. Maybe your financial aid can be increased due to your new circumstances.





But get rid of this guy. You are too young to tie yourself to someone like this, and you are worth being loved and happy. He loves his drugs and is using you, and you don't need that. It's hard based on your family history but believe me there are sober guys out there.





My ex was an alcoholic who developed drug issues. My second husband is good, kind and sober. His ex was also alcoholic with drug issues. We love just being calm and happy at home. It was hard at first to unlearn bad habits and get good at communicating, but now we are very happy and close.





It's no wonder you suffer from depression. Poor baby, wish I could tuck you up in a blanket and bring you a nice hot meal to make you relax. I'm concerned that you may get post-partum blues really bad, and should talk to your doctor about it. The hormonal changes in pregnancy and after can make you a little nuts for a while, and with what you are going through you really need to talk to someone to help out.|||I will help get you real help if you truely want real life help.... drop me a line....|||Move out and go to a homeless shelter. After the baby is born get a job. Good luck.|||firstly, try and figure it out with him,


you really have to talk to him about this,


sit him down and find out,





why is he even doing the drugs? like there must be a reason,





you have to let him know how it makes you feel, and if he doesnt change that you will leave,


because you definitely deserve way better then that,





he has to change or you leave,|||ok this is my advice, i think you should leave your boyfriend.


this is because, you have been through so much in your past, and you dont deserve any of that, and i know for a FACT that you dont want your child to experience the same thing do you?


Your job as a future mother is to protect your child, therefore why bring her up in an environment where there is alcohol and drugs.


you have proven your strong throughout your life, so now prove that your able to be strong in the future and be on your own. i know its hard leavin your boyfriend. but he needs to figure out his addictions and your baby being there will just place her in vulnerability. get out, there are many homeless shelters from women your age and you HAVE options. the only question is, are you willing to take that step?

No comments:

Post a Comment