Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Random questions on this fine friday?

1. If you controlled your franchise are there any numbers you would retire that haven't already been retired in your franchise? If so list name number and why you want it retired...





2. What is the most entertained intermission you have seen at an arena?





3. What veteran on your favorite team do you assume is the biggest mentor to the younglings?





4. If you could have one player on the break away with 10 seconds left in a tied game who would you want it to be?





5. What is the worst thing your favorite player has ever done?





BQ* what will the highlight of your weekend be?|||Habs fan here- don't think there are any left to retire.





2) You mean stuff happens in the intermission. Like Bob I drink and smoke. That means I need to have a smoke, get a beer and piss during the intermission. 17 mins only gives time for 2 of the 3.





3) Hall Gill and Brian Gionta





4) Alex Kovalev





5) I'm sure he has done worse than I'm aware off.





BQ- Its my 40th so I think I may be dragged out for a day of debauchery|||1. idk probably number 14 because shanahan was a big part of the wings stanley cups but other than that as of now nobody. but u better know when datsyul and zetty and the mule retire their numbers will be hanging.





2. Idk i would have to say little kids doing a shootout. some are good its pretty sweet





3. Probably lidstrom but now prob modano





4. Datsyuk for sure. i know he would put it in the net





5. nothing really idk lol yzerman never really did anything wrong





BA: Golfing tomorrow at 10 then party lol.|||1- Mtl Habs, i dunno if these are already but 4-12-10 (jean beliveau, h.richard, guy lafleur)





2- Xtreme Goalie Race lollll that was awesome





3- Scott Gomez (veterans are hard to find in Mtl loll)





4- any team? Pavel Datsyuk any moment in time? mario lemieux now and fav team? Michael Cammalleri





5- Ovechkin (in 2010 series against MTL he brake in front of 10yo flag holder so it threw some snow on him in the game 3 opening.





BQ- gonna go vroom vroom with my Camaro the whole week-end :)|||1. the ones that should be retired are retired but in the future there will definitely be a new one, #87





2. haven't been to enough arena games to say that there was anything too particular that stood out





3. it was probably billy guerin and i'm sure gonchar was big w/ the defense





4. sidney or malkin





5. one time Crosby chose to not play in the worlds 2010 and ohhhhh man all hell broke loose!!!! I mean what nerve of him to do that, who does he think he is!?!





*watching Eat, Pray, Love|||66, 87, 71, 77, 25, 68, 33, 44, 55, 22





florida panther lady pressin tatas against the glass on national tv





no doubt #66





no doubt #66





he retired due to back problems and still the best player ever, even struggling thru back problems his entire career.





watching crapital fans cry and await apology from Talbot that never will come.|||1. Nobody wears Pelle's #31 anymore so they might as well make it official and retire it.





2. As a drinker....and a pisser as a byproduct of the drinking......and a smoker, not only do I not see the intermission but I usually don't make it back until it is a few minutes into the next period.





3. Easy answer for me....Pronger, he is a general out there and will let the young guys feel the wrath when need be.





4. Giroux





5. Rumour has it that he likes to party....and he has tiffs with the dumb Philly sports media.





BQ- A friend's (his wife actually) 40th Bday party tomorrow and that's it.......I need the rest....5 games of ball and a round of golf this week.....plus work....





Great Q's as usual|||1.) None. I think the retirement of numbers should be reserved for a very select few. None of the players on my favorite team have met my criteria.





2.) 2nd intermission of a game at the Nationwide Center in Columbus in 2007.





3.) Daniel Alfredsson





4.) Jason Spezza





5.) Chris Phillps' own goal against Anaheim in game 5 of the 2007 Stanley Cup final.





BQ.) Moving.|||27 for nidermeyer


I don't know


Probably Langenbrunner since he is the captain


Colin White. Let the Defensive defenseman get a chance to shine, and let the game go to overtime. IF it's in the playoffs, than either kovy or elias (If Kovy isn't resigned)


I didn't like how stevens always hit his teammates on open-ice hits


Probably hockey camp.|||1. 39 - why the hell hasek isn't up there yet is beyond me





2. I used to love the pee wee tim bits go at it. now its just high school rivalry shootouts





3. rivet - he would have to be after taking the C without playing a game





4. vanek





5. lafontaine had his head turned to scrambled eggs a few times





BQ* already happened - a hockey infused day yesterday. coached a girl's team then had a game myself|||1. Not now, but when Chara retires they should retire him. Mark Recchi too.





2. Ummm...well they have fan of the game. If you get caught on camera being the craziest fan you get a 42" LCD TV. That's pretty cool I guess.





3. Mark Recchi





4. David Krejci





5. Hmmmm, I don't know. Grow a beard? Bergeron looks terrible with one lol. Jk, maybe...I still can't think of anything!!!!





BQ: I'm going to the fair...|||1. Not now, but when he does retire, i'd say Mark Recchi.





2. One time a fight broke out right behind where I was sitting, and you could see maybe ten security guards running past us. I'm pretty sure it was on TV too.. Got everyone excited.





3. Again, Mark Recchi.





4. Um... Maybe Milan Lucic?





5. Umm.. I'm gonna have to go with when Patrice Bergeron grew his hair out too long. LOL this doesn't have to do with the game or anything.. but.. ugh, :P





BQ* Playing NHL10 and finishing off a book, :P|||1. Tom Barrasso #35 - Penguins greatest goalie ever, loved watching him and really believe he should have his # retired


2. A video to honour Mats Sundin contribution to the leafs


3. Bill Guerin - puts MAlkin and Crosby in good scoring experienced hands


4. Uh.. Sid the Kid Crosby


5. Tackled out a Ref (Cujo)





BQ. My date... hopefully|||1) Kevin Lowe





2) Obstacle courses.





3) Shawn Horcoff





4) Andrew Brunette (he had hte highest shooting percentage last year)





5) Got in a bar brawl where he eventually got a beer bottle in the neck.





BQ: My friend is going to europe on Sunday so Saturday night we are getting pucked.|||1) Tom Barrasso #35


2) cant remember,


3) used be gonchar, guerin?


4) Sid


5) Complain about a hats on the ice %26gt;.%26lt;





BQ we'll found out this weekend now wont we?|||1. #35 Tom Barrassao and #77 Paul Coffey.


2. Human Bowling.


3. Paul Martin.


4. Sid


5. Nothing.





BQ - Watching some football tomorrow.|||1. Detroit; Bob Proberts 24, one of the greatest enforcers ever.





2. N/A





3. Detroit; Lidstrom





4. Datsyuk





5. Got injured. (Datsyuk)|||i have no idea what your on about dude. :||||1. Nobody in my opinion is special enough to get their number retried by the Flyers because nobody has won a Cup since 75', maybe if Mike Richards stays with the Flyers his whole career without a Cup I will retire his number but still that's still a big IF.





2. The producers of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" came to the Flyers vs. Habs game this year and they made us become a part of the show and they mad us boo/cheer Mac, it was really weird but really fun at the same time.





3. Chris Pronger on Defense Ian Lapperiere on Offense.





4. Danny Briere, AKA Mr. Clutch!





5. On NHL standards he beat up Ovechkin that is a no no from Mr. Bettman.





BQ: Possibly getting a new car today or tomorrow and then prepping for the Wisdom teeth coming out...maybe a party but not sure since everyone is leaving for college this week or next week.|||1. If you controlled your franchise are there any numbers you would retire that haven't already been retired in your franchise? If so list name number and why you want it retired...





Umm, Robe Blake's #4 I guess.





2. What is the most entertained intermission you have seen at an arena?





Fan shootout.





3. What veteran on your favorite team do you assume is the biggest mentor to the younglings?





It was Sean O'Donnell but he went to Philly so I would say Ryan Smyth.





4. If you could have one player on the break away with 10 seconds left in a tied game who would you want it to be?





Ziggy Palffy


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NybD8f9uM…





5. What is the worst thing your favorite player has ever done?





Kopitar, I have no idea.





BQ: Cutting my grass.|||1. I can honestly say there isn't another blackhawks who deserves to have his number in the rafters, at least until keith retires.





2. I have only been to the United Center in Chicago so I would have to say the shoot the puck game they play there. They get contestants to shoot the puck into this little slot and everybody gets booed except for the good looking woman and the children.





3. I would have said John Madden probably but now I guess Duncan Keith. I think Keith could really show the ropes to some of these young d men such as leddy and lalonde.





4. Jonathan Toews no question, he is pretty good on breakaways and has a really good shootout percentage.





5. He made a really bad turnover in round 1 in the playoffs but nothing came of it. It is Duncan Keith by the way, and I am proud to say that he has been my favorite player since his rookie year.





BQ: Watching the Roast of David Hasslehoff, I love roasts.





Always sunny is easily the best show on tv, I am way looking forward to the new season.|||1) I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers, but 27 (Sittler, Mahovlich, etc), 7 (Horton, etc.), and 14 (Keon) should go into drydock.


2) The catfight last year during a Habs game between two female habs fans arguing over the washroom queue...the one clearly had wrestling moves; pulled the brastrap AND the g-string for leverage and then threw a haymaker followed by a couple slaps to the face.


3) This "veteran" you speak of...by what do you mean? Of what's left, I reckon Giguere, Kaberle (if he hasn't been handed a rose yet as of this writing), and Beauchemin would qualify.


4) Kessel or Bozak.


5) Dion Phaneuf's night of karaoke. Talk about a crime against humanity.





BQ: Tonight is a night of powerdrinking with a few coworkers before a stag weekend.|||It's Friday the 13, not so much of a good Friday





1. I don't think I want to retire any unretired numbers, cuz all the numbers that needed to be retired are retired.





2. Well, this was actually at a baseball game where there was this Chilli Pepper race thing,and they threw shirts into the stands and I was so close to getting one, but fat guy behind me took it.





3. ahh.....Adam Foote, he has been keeping Matt Duchene in his house haha, before that it would have been Joe Sakic, who mentored Paul Stastny, who's father mentored Sakic when he was a rookie.





4. Matt Duchene, the kid is so fast





5. Nothing really....





BQ* We are going to this fair thing, it's got a bunch of rides and my brother is going to be coming here|||1) Honestly, I think Casey's onto something there with #68, though there my be some controversy there as well. He was here a good amount of time, had the best years of his career, and is apparently still cool with some Lemieux guy, so I'd vote for him if I had a real say.





2) I can't remember one in particular, as they're usually lame, but I do love when the little tykes play. I love how when one falls, 3 more follow, even if they're nowhere near each other. Aww.





3) Guerin.





4) Crosby.





5) I have a hard time having a favorite player... (I love them ALL! Not really.) But since he's the most infamous member of my favorite team, remember the time Crosby punched Valabik in the taint? Har har har.





Bonus Answer: Having a day off to relax and, later that day, watching my favorite TV show, (the only one I really follow) "Mad Men".|||1. If you controlled your franchise are there any numbers you would retire that haven't already been retired in your franchise? If so list name number and why you want it retired...





I would retire #68 because that's my favorite player ever





2. What is the most entertained intermission you have seen at an arena?





One time my uncle took me to some swanky bar at the AAC and there was an older lady wearing a Hurricanes jersey (that's who the Stars were playing) so I walked up to her just making converstion. But I was a tad intoxicated so it sounded like I was hitting on her (which I wasn't, coffin-dodgers aren't my cup of tea). Anyrate, she insist on telling me I was a child and finally I stopped her in mid converstation and told her don't mistake my casual conversation for a pickup attempt.





3. What veteran on your favorite team do you assume is the biggest mentor to the younglings?





Bill Guerin for the Penguins and Brad Richards for the Stars.





4. If you could have one player on the break away with 10 seconds left in a tied game who would you want it to be?





Crosby for the Penguins. James Neal for the Stars





5. What is the worst thing your favorite player has ever done?





He's gay:(





BQ* what will the highlight of your weekend be?





Drinking with my wife and playing marioparty.

No comments:

Post a Comment