Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Azureus Quake Download?

Hello





I'm thick when it comes to computers.





I've tried to download Quake 3 arena from the wonderful Azureus, and it seems to have worked, in so far as all the files and bits and bobs are on the computer. I've even got the bloody computer to install Quake 3, and it says "Quake 3 successfully installed on your computer" and such like. Then I go to play the thing, and all these files come up and when I click on them, it takes me to all these other files and i get further and further away from playing the game. Originally it said "I can't open quake coz its an rar file" so I downloaded an rar file opener but that does nothing.





Is there anyone out there in this great worldwide web of ours who can explain to me in plain english (and knowing that I'm an idiot with computers) who has a simple way for me to open up Quake for me to blow up some bad guys, knowing that I (seemingly) have installed the sodding game. Getting to the point where I might actually have to go out and buy it !|||As you've found, random downloaded files are of questionable quality. You may also have acquired some viruses and/or spyware, so running a full scan for both would be a very good idea.





It's a old game, so won't cost much at all from eBay, so I'd suggest that.





Two legal download options are the official demo, or the free version at openarena. Links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment