Saturday, December 24, 2011

Why does everyone keep hyping up MAC shadows when they suck?

Urban Decay is much better, and they even have value palettes! I mean the only thing MAC has going for itself is the color selection; they don't even have regular palettes out! I've tried 3 shadows (Arena, Naked Lunch, and Goldmine) and returned Arena and Naked Lunch since they were so unpigmented, dry, and EXPENSIVE Goldmine is very meh. The only reason I haven't returned it is to solely own a Mac eyeshadow, and because my mom complains about me returning things. Urban Decay, NYX, and even Wet n Wild do it so much better, why so much emphasis on low-quality Mac?|||I agree with you, I bought into the hype as well and come to find out that they don't even have a lot of selections. You can get better eyeshadows with Urban Decay and Smashbox!





I think it's because people see such a dramatic change on the MAC makeup artists that they think it will work for them. But that is not always the case with everyone and every brand. Every brand has its goods and bads.





I've got 3 plaetts full of MAC eyeshadows and they dry out, it is so hard to use them now like I have to dig in there to get some color... *blah* But with Urban Decay and Smashbox, it comes out smoothly!





Anyways, MAC makeup is more theatrical, so people, if you want a natural look, try a different brand, don't be so closed minded. You'll definitely discover greater brands! :)|||Naked Lunch is more for a brow highlight, so its not really meant to be super pigmented. Goldmine i never really liked the colors. Honestly try Satin Taupe, Amber Lights, Woodwinked, All That Glitters.


Mac is super good quality honestly, but the colors you chose aren't the reasons they get the hype, and Naked Lunch gets a hype, but its more meant for a brow highlight so its not supposed to be BAM out there


But i definitely agree that Urban Decay needs to get more hype for their eyeshadows because they are amazing. I think Mac gets a lot of hype because of the colors, pigmentation, and because for a high end brand, its a lot cheaper|||I've never really tried a MAC eyeshadow but I've done lots of swatches and I prefer my Urban Decay ones from what I know. I adore UD eyeshadows, they're so pigmented and gorgeous, some of the MAC ones didn't seem crazy pigmented compared to the price, but I suppose they do have some really good ones. I think eye wise, MAC's best would probably be the paint pots.|||I agree. Dazzlelight was nothing compared to my Too Faced eyeshadows :s I really don't know why. Maybe it's just the particular colors we got? They probably get so much hype because the color selection is huge.





PS I know it probably sounds super-creepy but we are both so active in Yahoo!Answers makeup questions, I feel like I know you already hahahaha :P)|||I have never purchased any MAC products. I love Urban Decay eyeshadows. I have three palettes from UD, The Naked Palette, Book of Shadows IV and today my 15th Anniversary Palette arrived with a few other products I also purchased from Sephora online. The other two palettes I purchased at Sephora stores.|||Urban Decay Naked Palette is a great palette, the only thing is that it didn't come with the primer. Other than that, its, as i said, great, the packaging was good, nothing was broken. So all in all, its good.|||because they are awsome. i think u just got a bad one, or maybe u just dont want to like them? personally i think they are verry good shadows. think about it sooo many people wouldnt rave about them if they werent good|||I love Naked lunch! maybe the one you got was just weird

No comments:

Post a Comment