Saturday, December 24, 2011

What is the correct way to attend a hockey game?

I must confess…I had coffee during lunch, and now I am wired. So you are going to a hockey game, what are your choices for these scenarios.





You may select more than one, and must EXPLAIN if you choose the Other option. Thanks! You guys are the best!





1) You are getting dressed. You wear:


A) Hockey jersey


B) Anything casual


C) Something with at least a NHL team logo


C) Other - Explain?





2) On the way to the game, you stop by the ATM. You select “Fast Cash”. How much money do you get:


A) $20


B) $50


C) $100


D) Other - How much?





3) Wow, you didn’t even realize it was an 8:00 game, and now you’re more than one hour early. What do you do to kill time:


A) Grab a drink from the outside bar


B) Find a seat and people watch


C) Try to quick go grab some dinner


D) Go inside and just sit in your seat until the game starts


E) Other - Explain?





4) So, you get inside the arena what in the first thing you do?


A) Take a leak


B) Buy a beverage


C) Purchase a snack or dinner


D) Find your seat, and wait for the game


E) Other - Explain?





5) The game has started. During a stoppage in play, you notice a gaggle of people headed toward your nearly empty row. What person would you rather have sitting next to you:


A) The teen girl on her cell phone


B) The guy wearing a jersey of the opposing team, and his face is painted team colors.


C) A motorcycle rider with a cigarette pack in his front pocket


D) A fan of your team that is obviously wasted.





6) During another stoppage in play, you suddenly see you face on the JumboTron. Do you:


A) Wave in the direction of the camera


B) Ignore it, and pretend that you didn’t notice


C) Get up and start dancing


D) Other - Explain?





7) Your team is winning the game by a large margin. Do you:


A) Leave early to beat the crowd


B) Stay until the game is well over, and wait for the crowd to clear out


C) Leave right on time, and fight with the crowd


D) Other - Explian?





8) On your way home, and you are so excited because the star player on your most beloved team got a natural hat trick in the third period. Do you:


A) Call some buddies and brag


B) Go to a bar


C) Go home and watch the highlights on the news/internet


D) Had enough excitement for the night, and go home and go to bed


E) Other - Explain?


|||1) a- Always wear my Leafs sweater.


2) c-get $100 just in case


3) a-It's beer-thirty


4) e-if I'm seeing a game in an unfamiliar rink I'll go locate my seat then hit the washroom and beer stand. At home I'll usually take care of whatever essentials need attention before heading to my seat.


5) d-talk about the lesser of four evils


6) b-no eye contact, no movement...nothing to see here


7) d-during the week I'm probably heading out; on the weekends (and playoff games- I know...har de har har) stick it out


8) e-again, depends on weekday/weekend. I'm much more apt to go hoist a few on a weekend rather than a weeknight when my alarm clock is going off at 4.30 a.m.





If you come to Toronto...I will have you 86'd from Tim Hortons unless you sign a note promising to order decaf. Your questions are always entertaining though.|||1) a. Hockey Jersey. Most of the time.





2) b. $50, just in case I might see a T-shirt along with Food/Drinks and such.





3) E. I usually walk around the Arena, check out whats being sold. Sometimes I even go look at some of the memoribilia and the displays.





4) d. Find my seat most of the time.





5) b. Well, I hate the smell of smoke. And I can't handle sitting next to a girl on her phone, I think i'd be tempted to spill a drink on her or something. And I also can't handle a dunk retard. But a fan of the opposing team, i suppose would be pretty fun, I'd taunt them lol.





6) c. Thats happened to me before. I started dancing lol.





7) d. I usually stay until the team goes in their locker room after the whole "players of the game" come out and greet the fans. Then I leave.





8) a and d.- I usually tell all my friends about all the games i go too, but I'd love to see it over and over again. Oh Datsyuk it will happen. |||1) You can wear the hokey jersey, just make sure whatever you wear is warm! It gets pretty cold in there.


2) Depends.... If you have the ticket already then all you would need money for is food really. So around 20 bucks is ok


3) If you are by yourself: Just hang out, you can always meet new people that way. Hot chocolate is always good too :)


4) Get some snacks before it gets really crowded


5) The teen girl. Best to avoid trouble


6) Blush like 143348 different colors and wave shyly


7) Stay! Im there to support my team, and you never know what might happen in the game.


8) Call my buddies and tell them about it! Im excited and have to tell people.|||1)B..Something casual.





2)C..One hundred...Maybe thinkin of getting a dog AND soda.





3)E.watch warmups and watch people too.





4)C.Usually grab dinner then find my seat.





5)C..I have friends that fit that description.





6)B.Ignore it BUT I always find it funny that people always wave TOWARDS the JumboTron and not the camera..Like saying "Hey I'm waving at myself".





7)C.Imagine the fun of leaving an Iggles game with 65,000 strong all heading to the exits.Now 19,000 isn't so bad is it?





8)E..It depends who I go with..If its another huge fan of the team grab a bite if its my girl then....Other.|||1) Hockey jersey





2) D (other)- I have no money





3) D, sit in seat, and talk to people





4) A (take a leak) so i can get it out early





5) D (wasted fan) if he's funny





6) D (other) I'd start screaming pretending they can hear me and show my wings jersey while holding up my index finger to signal #1





7) B... its what I always do (wait after)...





8) A (bragggggggggggg)|||1.c


2.c


3.a


4.b


5.c


6.b


7.c


8.e. Grab a beer or a few from the fridge and hope I can calm down enough to get some sleep.|||1. Jersey, if I own it, attending a game is the day to bust it out


2. 20, as that is all my bank distributes in. The rest just goes on the ATM card


3. Little bit of A, little bit of B


4. A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always pee before you find your seat


5. Opposing teams fan. I don't do sloppy frat boys or ditzes, and the biker would be fine, but if he smokes he probably makes gross noises when he can't breath and I aint got that to do. I'll end up in the box after one sniffle


6. C- Cause I'm probably with another asshat friend of mine and its just kinda what we do. But if Buffalo is kicking the snot out of Ottawa, we do this


http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf…


7. C- My boyfriend is too impatient to wait for people to leave, and no way in hell am I missing the end of the game


8. Star player or MY star player? If A, then go to the bar. If B, go to the bar and text everyone who has helped me deal with the restraining order|||This question is AMAZING! I haven't been to a Hockey game, but I have been to lots of sporting events...so here we go:





1. A if I have one B if I don't


2. C in case I want to buy snacks or stuff from the gift shop (and I can


always use cash the next day if I have any leftover)


3. B. People watching is fun and you can often get a drink inside


4. C. since I was early I beat the lines for snacks...


5. B I like to get jab in at opposing teams


6. C gotta entertain the crowd you know!


7. B. I don't like being pushed


8. A brag brag brag!








No matter what have fun!|||1... Any of the above are ok to wear...some dont have jerseys...etc...you should try and wear your teams colors...





2. B unless you want a shirt, jersey, etc..





3. Wander around the stadium, most have a lot of cool stuff to look at and keep you walking around for a half hour to 45 min.





4...See number 3





5. C i dont care if he smaokes, he cant do it in the building





6. B





7. It really depends on the signifance of the game a 7-2 win in Nov. im beating the crowd...a 5-0 game in the finals im staying till the end





8 Call the old man....make sure he saw it all|||1)C- I at least wear my home teams cap, if not my sweater


2)C- Not that I plan on spending that much, but it's nice to have in case.


3)C- When going to a Wranglers game, I eat at the buffet first.


4)B- I already ate at the buffet


5)Where's E) Other, on this one?? If I'm by myself, then C.


6)A), then D) and make a stupid face


7) B) Always stay until the end, unless something happens with my son.


8)Do the Islanders actually score 3 goals in a game??


I guess D)|||1) A - hockey jersey, question is, which one? if I wear a hat though it's almost always that of the Canadien


2) D - close enough to Mexico that I may want to go there afterwards and it's easier to pay cash


3) D - several of the players on our local semipro team are good friends of mine


4) E - depends on how early I am


5) None of the above. I will move to another seat.


6) A


7) D it rarely happens so mhm I really don't know haha


8) E buy him a beer at the post-game party as gratitude|||1) You are getting dressed. You wear:


A) Hockey jersey or C) Something with at least a NHL team logo. If you're going to a hockey game, you gotta wear your jersey! I have 4, but in the case I am unable to wear one, I have shirts I can wear.





2) On the way to the game, you stop by the ATM. You select “Fast Cash”. How much money do you get:


A) $50. $20 for parking (rip off, right?), $10 for food, $5 for a program





3) Wow, you didn’t even realize it was an 8:00 game, and now you’re more than one hour early. What do you do to kill time:


B) Find a seat and people watch, C) Try to quick go grab some dinner, E) Other. I get some food, sit, eat, and watch people passing by, then I wait by the glass for the players to come out and warm up.





4) So, you get inside the arena what in the first thing you do?


E) Other - I buy a program and then wait to watch the players warm up.





5) The game has started. During a stoppage in play, you notice a gaggle of people headed toward your nearly empty row. What person would you rather have sitting next to you:


D) A fan of your team that is obviously wasted - Even if they're drunk, at least they're a Devils fan! Their random slurs and outbursts make the game funnier.





6) During another stoppage in play, you suddenly see you face on the JumboTron. Do you:


A) Wave in the direction of the camera - I'm not crazy enough to do anything wild :P Once a couple of fans lifted their shirts up to show off their gut, and the camera guy quickly turned the camera away lol.





7) Your team is winning the game by a large margin. Do you:


C) Leave right on time, and fight with the crowd - I'm pretty good at getting through people.





8) On your way home, and you are so excited because the star player on your most beloved team got a natural hat trick in the third period. Do you:


A) Call some buddies and brag, C) Go home and watch the highlights on the news/internet, D) Had enough excitement for the night, and go home and go to bed. I'd probably call whichever friend didn't go to the game with me, and go crazy about it, then go home and watch it all over again. Then I get super tired and call it a night.|||1) B anything casual, if I am going directly from the office I will usually change into jeans or something





2) $200+ I have a fear of running out of cash





3) get a drink go find my seat and watch the warm-up





4) take a leak then get a beverage- go sit down- may sneak out for another leak/beverage before the game starts





5) B- the opposing team guy- generally they are fun. Often they are3 knowledgeable fans- especially if from out of town and following their team. We can trash talk a bit and I can give him ideas on where to drink/eat while in this city.





6) probably wave or ignore it





7) I never leave early so I will be fighting the crowd





8) Weekend may go to a bar, during the week is home watch the highlights and head to bed.|||1) Hockey Jersey - I don't think an explanation is needed there


2) D - $40 Parking is $12, so that leaves me enough for a beer every period, barely


3) E - go back to my car and drink more. If I'm all out, go to the local bar for a drink, then go to my seat early or walk around the arena


4) Take a leak because I've been drinking for 3 hours


5) Close call between B and D. If the drunk fan is funny instead of obnoxious then I'll take him. Otherwise, it's always fun to talk sh!t on the other team's fan.


6) I don't know. I'd improvise.


7) Leave after the three stars. Why go to a game if you're going to leave early?


8) Usually I'll go home and watch highlights over and over.





|||1) Casual


2) $100


3) Other - Find a seat %26amp; watch the teams practise for a while then go into the food area and watch people coming in.


4) Take a leak


5) Other - LOL! , If I had to chose the guy dressed in other team's jersey with painted face.


6) Smile and look into the camera.


7) Stay until it is over - it ain' over til its over! - and wait


8) Call up buddies and invite them to the bar so I could brag.|||1)


E. I wear a nice white shirt, a black blazer, black slacks, nice shoes....and a black fedora





2) E. In Canada, machines only dispense in $20s, so I usually take out $100. In Chicago, I use my Visa everywhere





3) E. I usually go inside and seek out friends with the league or teams (I have a league pass that I can use at all 30 arenas). There's still about 3-4 scouts per team that I know. I usually seek them out. I still know a lot of players, coaches, and GMs too.





4) E. see above





5) B. He sounds like the sane one





6) B. In my case I rarely look at the jumbotron, so I wouldn't be ignoring it - I'd miss it completely.





7) B. I'm usually among the last to leave.





8) E. Since I am a pensioner of my most beloved team.....I go and congratulate the boy myself. All the boys on my team know who most of us former scouts are. Chicago is a good team for it's former employees.








Note: I watched the final game from Yankee Stadium, and one of the players (I can't remember who it was) talked about how the best thing about being a Yankee was that all the old-timers still hung around the clubhouse and talked about the old days. In the 60s, the NHL was like that (and in Montreal and Detroit it still is), you could walk into the Hawks dressing room and meet the Bentley brothers, ot Glen Skov, in the 70s, Bill White and Pierre Pilote would hang around. I think the NHL would be a better place if Glenn Anderson hung around the Oilers dressing room drinking beer, or Bryan Trottier imparted his wisdom to Ruslan Fedotenko, or Marcel Dionne and Charlie Simmer gave wedgies to Anze Kopitar. The NHL needs to bring the past to the present better than they do. I applaud the Steinbrenner family (from Tampa I hear) for keeping the traditions alive at Yankee Stadium as much as I applaud Mike Ilitch and his open door policy to Red Wings alum. I enjoy hanging around arenas talking to people about the game, the players, management, etc. It's been a part of my life for 50 hyears....why stop now.


|||1. A) Wear a jersey. Have to show support for the team. Also a teeshirt with the team logo on it incase I decide to take off my jersey for a bit.





2. D) None. I've never taken oney out so I probably wouldn't be able to fih=gure out how.... not that I have a lot of money anyways





3. C%26amp;D) I get dome dinner, and then head to the seats to watch the warmups and what not.





4. E) Check out the Sabre store





5. B) I don't mind sitting next to a fan of the opposing team





6. B) LOL I was on the jumbotron once when I was younger. I looked up and saw my face and quickly looked the other directio pretending I didn't notice.





7. C) Leave right on time, after the three stars. I'm in no hurry to get home. I know the back way out so I can beat most of the traffic





8. C) Watch the highlights and listen to the postgame show on the radio|||1.) A. Hockey Jersey. It's the only way to go!





2.) B. $50. Food isn't too cheap, and I may see something else I like!





3.) E. Other- usually I'll walk around the arena and check out some of the little shops set up, possibly grab a snack, and keep looking around.





4.) D. Find your seat, and wait for the game. Usually I get there with a little bit of time left, sometimes I'll even walk down to the front and watch the warm ups. It's the best time to get good pictures if you're not sitting front row!!





5.) D. A fan of your team that is obviously wasted. I have been surrounded by fans of the opposing team (at home, too!!) but the wasted fan of my team will definitely provide some interesting stories the next day... =P





6.) C. Get up and start dancing. Something like this never happens to me, so I'm not gonna waste this moment!!





7.) B. Stay until the game is well over, and wait for the crowd to clear out. I would never leave the game when my team is winning! Especially by a large margin!!! Staying after is one of the fun parts too!!





8.) E. Other- I would brag about it the next day, and tell all my friends how they missed the most amazing game last night!!|||1.A... because i payed a lot of money for it so i'm gonna wear it


2.B... Its enough to by snacks and a drink


3.C.. I usually go get some dinner before a game anyway


4.D.. I like to just find my seat and take some pictures


5.A.. She will put down the phone eventually.. its too loud to talk on the phone


6.A.. i have always wanted to be on thejumbo-tron


7.C... you never know something could still happen like a fight or injury


8.C|||1. B Wearing an NHL jersey to a game in Toronto makes you ripe for Panhandlers. How can you convince them you've got no spare change when you've doled out $500 for a Wellwood Jersey.





2. D ($200) never take less than $200 out in case you meet some panhandlers.





3. C. Gotta get some cheap raw fish before the game.





4. D. Lots to do before game time at the rink. Check out the stands for buddies.





5. C. more in common with him than any of the others.





6. C. or D. depending on who is sitting next to me and if the Kiss Cam is on.





7. B. Always take your time. Live for the moment.





8. C. Since I've Tivo ed the game I can watch it all night and day if I want to.|||1. B..Something casual.





2.C..$100





3. E. take photos of warmups, then grab something to drink





4. A. It's almost a 3 hour drive to the arena and I'm coffeed up.





5.C..





6, B.





7. B. If it's a blowout, a lot of folks would have already left





8. C ..but only if I'm at the game by myself


|||1. A


2. B


3. E walk around


4. E walk around and get something to eat


5. B


6. A


7. C


8. D


|||I love coffee!!





1 Jersey. At least that if not like some sort of sign or face paint or something along those lines.





2 Well i dont have an account, but if i did i would take at least $100


because i am very likely to spend most of it in the shops or on food.





3 I would probably do a little bit of all of it, but i doubt i wouldn't even know when the game started.





4 I usually find my seat, watch warm ups, and then go get food.





5 Wow pick any tougher choices why dont you!! Uh i would have to go with the drunk fan. The rest would annoy me way too much but i could deal with someone ready to pass out because it would be quiet.





6 Wave to the camera but i hate that.





7 Definently B. If i pay a huge sum of money, i am going to stay and enjoy every minute of it.





8 A and C. It would be awesome and definently make my week!!





Good questions as usual!!|||1 A.





2. D. None since all arenas accept debt and credit to pay for all purchases at the arena.





3. D. I stuff my face with 9 hot dogs, 7 hamburgers, 5 pizzas, 2 sodas, 12 beers and still have room for desert at the first intermission. Oh and I would spend the next 30 minutes looking for a mint!





4. D. Do a #2, have any mints?





5. C.





6. D. Give the middle finger





7. D. Walk down to the opposing teams bench and look to start a fight





8. E. Brag to everyone here at Yahoo Answers!!


|||1) hockey jersey





2) $50





3) go for a drink in the outside bar





4) buy a beverage





5) teen girl = P





6) other - i would grab the teen girl next to me and make out with her





7) leave on time and fight with the crowd





8) call some buddies and brag in a bar|||1) I like wearing my jersey shirts... Simply because it's a conversation starter. Someone else in the crowd can be like "ohhh! you like Talbot too?" and you can just spark a conversation from there. but when i'm not really wanting to talk, i'll just wear a regular shirt.





2) I'd choose the other for this one. I'd probably take 10 if anything. I think if i got $100 out, i'd spend it on hockey stuff that i really don't need.





3) If i get there early, I party with the other fans outside. The Mellon Arena always has those crazy fans sitting on the hood of their car screaming chants and trying to get people to look at them, why not join?... i have nothing better to do!





4) I just find my seat. I pee before i got ANYWHERE, so i have no reason to get up during the event i'm at.





5) I absolutely hate people who talk during hockey games, and i cannot stand drunk people at games... for various reasons. I'd choose the guy wearing a jersey of the opposing team. It's fun to just scream "YOUU SUCKKKKK GO HOOOMEEE" and you both be able to laugh about it.





6) I'd probably just make a funny face on the JumboTron.... or like, smile at it awkwardly... I'd be creeped out... like, of all people they chose me to put the camera on lol





7) I leave probably 3 minutes after the game is over. I like to stay and celebrate the win with my team. I especially like taking pictures of my team when they win, when they are all on the ice hugging eachother %26amp; whatnot.





8) I usually text a bunch of people, people that aren't really a fan of the player, and rub it in their face. I used to do that when Malone did REALLY good :)|||1. a


2. b


3. e. Sometimes I walk around the rink to kill some time, and buy some stuff.


4. c


5. d He looks funny lol.


6. a


7. c


8. c|||1) Any Jersey


2) 50


3) Go inside and sit


4) leak


5) wasted fan or girl on phone


6) start dancing


7) beat the crowd at the last possible moment


8) watch reply on the bed|||1. A - the kids bought me a jersey, I'm gonna wear it with pride





2. $80 - just to be awkward, and so it shows up as 'ours' on the bank statement.





3. A and/or B - I love to people watch wherever I go , and hockey fans are great fun to see doing their stuff.





4. D.





5. The biker. He's not likely to smoke at his seat anyway. It will tick me off if he gets up and down more than once for a smoke, though.





6. A is probably the best I could manage - D is probable - I'd be so astonished that I'd do something to look like a complete dufus.





7. D. With my husband driving, we stay till the absolute end of the game, and still try to beat the traffic.... type A to the core.





8. We did this. Had to go to a pharmacy en route, to get throat sweets for me - my voice hurt me for days. We picked up the kids from our friends' house wearing the player's flag that was a giveaway that night around our necks, singing 'Here We Go, Here We Go'. Without the kids to worry about I reckon we'd have done A, B and C.





Now, what's a natural hat trick as distinct from just a hat trick? Someone wise must tell me!








Edit: Thanks Homes, a couple of wise people emailed me with the definition, which I also really appreciated. The definition makes sense - and the night I lost my voice (I'm so glad if was that game I could get to), it was young Zetterberg breaking a scoreless streak, and yes, it was a 'natural'.|||1. e. all of the above. (the other part will include underwear. or wait, maybe "c" can cover that. if the underwear has a logo. sigh. i digress)





2. c. better to have and not need, then "need" and not have. beer is expensive these days.





3. b. bandwagon wings fans are very entertaining as they bring copies of "hockey for dummies" when they arrive to the game. (Actual story)





4. d, b, c, repeat b as much as possible, later to be followed by a (see b). it's all about priorities.





5. d. entertainment. might also absorb the potential souvenir puck





6. d. do the most bizarre thing that strikes me at that very instant. hey, spontaneity is exciting.





7. b. it's all about the entire experience. after all, i paid the $$. (see question #2)





8. d. (sigh. kids)|||1) C) Something with at least a NHL team logo : I don't have a jersey, I only got t-shirt, sweaters and hats.





2) B) 50$ : That's enough for food and for a bus ride. Don't really need more than that, since everytime I go to a game, its in Ottawa and their store only sell Sens stuff and I hate the Sens.





3) C) Try to quick go grab some dinner





4) E) Other - Explain? : Go find where our seats are, sit there for a few minutes, go grab something to eat and get back to our seats to make sure not to miss the warm-up





5) B) The guy wearing a jersey of the opposing team, and his face is painted team colors. : I don't have a problem with having a fan of the opposing team sitting beside me, cuz, everytime a go to a game, I'm always one of the few fans there who cheer for the visitor teams.





6) B) Ignore it, and pretend that you didn’t notice : It never happen, so I can really say what I would do, but I think I would probably ignore it, cuz I'm a pretty shy person, and I wouldn't want 17 000 persons looking at me waving at the camera or acting crazy.





7) B) Stay until the game is well over, and wait for the crowd to clear out : Best thing to do. You just don't leave the place 'til they name the 3 stars.





8) A) Call some buddies and brag : I will not call them, but send them all a msgs on their cellphone to brag about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment