Friday, December 16, 2011

Are you OR Do you know someone who was too big for arena/stadium seating?

Before I go on, I'm going to paint a picture of myself for you: I'm 6'3 and 320lbs. I am built exactly the same as some of your NFL offensive linemen...heck, I was an offensive lineman in college.





Okay, here goes....just recently, my wife and I attended a live WWE pro-wrestling event (yeah, we're big fans). I had never attended our local arena before and thought it would be great to see some Pro-wrestling live in person. We headed to our seats and the first thing I realized was that the seats were way too narrow for my hips. So I tried sitting at the edge of my seat and thought I'd slide back, well I couldn't do that because the arm rests were now stabbing me in my thighs. Even if I managed to get in my seat, my shoulders are so broad and wide that they would only cover part of the seats on both sides of me. My knees would also serve as earmuffs for whoever it was that would sit in front of me. I'll admit, it was pretty embarassing to try and work my way into this seat. There was just no way...let me remind you, I am not fat, I have a really stalky build and do come from a really BIG family.





My wife and I then went to guest services and as soon as they saw me, they pretty much knew what our situation was. We were relocated to a suite where there were some handicapped people in wheelchairs, crutches etc. I felt out of place, and although the seats there were alot more comfortable, it would've been nice to be up close to watch the action from where our original seats were.





Here's my situation now:





My wife and I are wanting to attend another event at our local arena this coming June. I do understand the situation with the seating, however, we really want to go back to watch this upcoming event.





Has anyone heard of something like this happening to someone else AND what should I do if I want to go back? Should I make some special arrangements with the arena? Serious answers only please!|||You have really no choice. You MUST make other arrangements if you want to actually ENJOY the show.





If you can show up in person to buy the tickets. Since each venue is different it is hard to know what options are available. I am relatively small so I have no first hand knowledge but when I am on planes I am often asked to change seats (I like sitting on the isle where the door emergency door is) and apparently THAT seat along with the bulkhead offers more room.





But back to you





you might be able to purchase a better seat (AT A DISCOUNT) that might be ON THE FRONT ROW or maybe they can remove one of the arm rests from the chair of your seat (for this event only-its probably just a couple of screws anyway) and maybe they will leave the seat next to you open on one side for extra comfort)





Dunno but certainly if you ask those questions in person at the venue they will be more inclined to help....





GOod luck|||Hi Musicman :)





First I like to compliment you and your well-written post :)





You seem have a serious poblem there.





The seats in an arena (as in a plane) are kept small to accommodate as many people as possible in a defined space.





When my friends takes a long distance flight, she usually goes First Class.





Perhaps you like to consider booking a seat or two in the VIP lounge.





Write to them well in advance and explain your distress with the seats. I'm sure they will understand your plight.





Wishing you the best :)





*..*

No comments:

Post a Comment